As the “data controller”, the Lean Living Institute (EnstitüYaYa) attaches utmost importance to the security of your personal data in line with the “Personal Data Protection Law” (KVKK in Turkish) numbered 6698. This Clarification Text aims to remind you of your rights and to answer your possible questions regarding the use of your personal data.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect your personal data by automatic or non-automatic methods when you use this website, and when you communicate with us in writing or verbally, electronically or in real environments.
Data We Collect
- Information about the internet browser or device you use to access our website, operating system, IP address, preferred language, session times, transaction times and other session information,
- For volunteering applications, job applications or cooperation requests, the information you provide through the forms on our website or in other written or verbal communication media,
- The information you provide verbally or in writing within the scope of the surveys and research studies we conduct,
- Information you provide via newsletter subscription, membership system or other contact forms on our website
- Any other data you provide to us
We ask for your explicit consent for all your other information, except the automatically collected session information, and we do not collect your information without your consent.
Our Data Processing Purposes
- To carry out our activities, to carry out the obligations and actions arising from the laws and regulations in force, to use them for investigation in line with our legal rights,
- To ensure session security, to examine the use of our website and other online services, to investigate complaints about our website, to personalize our website, to increase its functionality, to develop and protect our content, products or services,
- To prevent, investigate and report any crime or abuse that may occur, including fraud and terrorism, and to manage risks,
- Evaluating your volunteering, job or cooperation applications, communicating with you for interview or cooperation purposes, performing personnel procedures when necessary, making a contract with you, (In these studies, we can collect data anonymously or use it anonymously, depending on the scope and sensitivity of the research.)
- To inform you about our works, products and services, to invite you to researches and events when you give your permission (You can cancel your permission at any time)
Storage, Sharing, Anonymization, Deletion of Data
- We may store the said data in a secure data center in the country or abroad.
- As long as we interact with you for our work, we retain your data for as long as required by law from your last interaction date, in some cases to meet legal obligations, resolve disputes, and prevent abuse.
- We may share your processed personal data to the extent permitted or required by law and to comply with security conditions, with relevant public institutions and organizations, or with our domestic or foreign stakeholders, with whom we work, in order to carry out our activities in line with the working purposes of EnstitüYaYa.
- The data we collect for survey and research studies can be collected, stored or anonymized later, by associating with your identity or anonymously, depending on the scope and method of the study.
- We do not sell your data to third parties.
- When we are no longer required to keep your data, we will securely destroy it.
If you need information about your personal data other than the information in this Clarification Text, you have the right to
- Learning whether your personal data is processed or not,
- If your personal data has been processed, requesting information about it,
- To learn the purpose of processing your personal data and whether they are used in accordance with the purpose,
- Knowing the third parties to whom your personal data is transferred in the country or abroad,
- Requesting correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or incorrectly processed,
- To request the deletion, destruction or anonymization of your personal data,
- Requesting notification of third parties to whom personal data has been transferred in case of correction, deletion, destruction or anonymization of your personal data,
- Objecting to the emergence of a result against you by analyzing your processed data with automatic systems,
- Requesting the removal of the damage in case you suffer damage due to the unlawful processing of your personal data
by contacting us at our contact addresses on our website.
As the personal data owner, you can send your requests regarding your rights in question via e-mail to our contact address on this website. Your name, surname, secure electronic or mobile signature, Republic of Turkey Identity Number information, or if you are a foreign national, your passport number or identity number, your residence or address information for notification and communication, your e-mail address, telephone number and your explanation should be included in your request, so that we can verify your identity as the data subject when submitting this request.
We may make updates to this Clarification Text document from time to time. We notify you of such updates by changing the update date in this document, in some cases through notifications we publish on our website. You can reach us from our contact addresses for your questions and requests.
Last Update: 1.2.2022